Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Clay Masks

I really like doing clays masks and facials 2x a week for visibly smoother skin.  I guess that is why I was so focused on making one or two that everyone can enjoy.  BTW, the vanilla bean facial is doing well, a few more tests and it will be ready to go.  In any case, I decided to let you guys in on the secret so that you can make some simple masks at home.  The more complex ones you can purchase from me :)

You will need kaolin or white clay and water.  That's it.  You make a paste out of the clay and rub it on your skin.  Let the paste air dry and then steam it off using your face cloth and really warm water.  The first application may make you skin red at first but the redness will go away rather quickly.

The fancier mix ins include aloe gel, whole milk, yogurt, honey and glycerin.  You may also want to consider pureed cucumber or witch hazel for more oily skin types.

I prefer kaolin clay because all skin types can use it and it is the mildest of all clays.  This makes it easy to tailor it to your needs.  Kaolin clay may be purchased on line or in your local natural food store.

No comments:

Post a Comment