Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Summer time is coming and I just had a new thought:  sunscreen for the hair.  I have already made a couple of batches of color protectant  conditioners for friends but now I think I will consider making a sunscreen for the hair.  I know, why sunscreen?

Well just like the sun can damage your skin when exposed for too long to its glorious rays it can also make the hair dry and brittle and discolored.  Okay new new thought: why not make it for hair and body.  The problem with that is you have to have special clearance from the FDA to promote sunscreen or use the label spf.  But I can say that sunflower extract (which has vitamin F) has been shown to protect hair color.  Like I said thoughts.

So I am really big on using black soap for my hair and I have started testing a few black soap shampoos.  I would like to get them on the market soon but I am still waiting for feedback.  Why black soap?  Well its all natural, contains no sulfates, preservative free and vegan friendly.  In addition it produces a rich lather but will not strip your hair of its natural oils.  This is great for all hair especially dry brittle hair.  So what I do is add a few herbs, essential oils and extracts and voila!  My blends also last a while.  In any case, I saw someone post their version of black soap shampoo on Etsy and I am like no!  I wanted to like corner the market but there is still hope.  The seller who posted has made no sells and she doesn't even specialize in the hair and skincare market.  There is still hope but I cannot be wasting time.  I think I will put my moisture shampoo out first.  This is great for kids as well as adults.  The thin hair shampoo still needs some tweaking even though my mother loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment