Saturday, April 24, 2010

Oil sheen for hair and body

It's Saturday and I am at again.  I dreamed (yes it occurred to me in my dream) about an oil sheen spray.  When I got up this morning I decided on what would go in it an realized that it would be great for hair and body.  I want it to be rejuvanting for dry skin and hair and I believe that I have come up with a good formulation.  Once again no name and I have to nail down some exact measurements but so far here is what will go in it:
rice bran oil- light oil with some protein and anti oxidant properties

olive squalane- good for damaged skin and hair, great moisturizer on its own

camelina oil- provides a protective coating without being overly heavy, has lots of good fatty acids too

vitamin E- good for hair growth, skin repair, sun protection

pomegranate- I just love the idea of this oil, is a particular fatty acid that is said is excellent for skin repair

carrot seed oil- great for dry and mature skin

I am going to scent this one as the carrot seed oil can have a strong scent that some may not find too pleasant.  I promise any fragrance I use (if I don't come up with an essential oil blend) will be 1% or less.   And great news- no parabens and absolutely no preservatives!

No comments:

Post a Comment