Saturday, April 17, 2010

Mango and Castor Oil

Exciting news, one of my product testers just emailed me about one of the hair dressings I had been working on.  The castor oil and mango hair blend.  She made mention to me that before she started using the balm she had a bald spot.  Three weeks later (yes 3 weeks later) she is already seeing new growth!  Her hair dresser was very surprised.  Not to mention the tester loved the fact that it did not flake her hair like other products did. 
 Guess I got to get started making a couple more batches of this stuff.  Once again I do not have a proper name for my inventions.

You may me be wondering what I put in this concotion of mine.  I did some research regarding herbs and male pattern baldness.  I also went trolling on You Tube looking for things that others said made there hair grow.  What I came across was a list of herbs and several reports of the benefits of castor oil for growth.  I decided to infuse a few of these herbs into the castor oil (pygeum bark, nettle, saw palmetto) and whip them into some mango butter for stiffness.  I also added a little green tea extract.  Absolutely no wax was used for this as the mango butter is really hard and resists melting on its own.

I have to get a few more items ready for a showcase as well as finish designing a few adverts.

No comments:

Post a Comment