Sunday, August 22, 2010

Peppermint and Orange Astringent

Ladies and gentlemen with oily skin:  I have made an astringent.  I thought about this one last night and decided to make it today.  See what I can do when the flea market gets rained out? 

This astringent has an orange and peppermint tea infusion boosted by essential oils of orange, peppermint and manuka.  Manuka?  Manuka is like an Australian tea tree without the medicinal smell.  So while you are removing excess oil, you can treat the break outs that you have. 

Oh and I so sorry for not letting you into my thought process for Hydration Mist.  This is an oil free moisturizer and yes its a keeper.  Its good for any skin type but especially those with oily skin.  It contains hyaluronic acid, something our skin loses as we age.  This acid acts like a reservoir holding moisture in  and so when we lose it, we lose our ability to retain moisture.

Okay guys, my next adventure will be a yogurt lotion.  Haven't decided what the base oil will be, maybe something like apricot kernel oil or grapeseed oil, but I definitely know that it will have a yogurt powder.  The yogurt's natural lactic acid should help soften the skin.  I am thinking of making a base and then adding what ever scent later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment