Thursday, February 25, 2010

Spring Break


Tired of the snow yet? I know I am. So much so, I am going to prepare my face and skin for the spring. Yep, I am going to pretend that spring is tomorrow and I am getting myself ready. First I am going to give myself a facial. Starting off with a clay mask made with cucumber peel and aloe. This will lift off the dead skin cells, brighten my face and tighten my pores. The result? Instant youth. Next I am going to use a toner to complete the brightening effect made with cucumber, glycerin and water. Last but not least, I am going to lock in the effects with an oil blend I am working on for anti aging rich in antioxidants.

Oh by the way let's not forget the rest of the body. Taking a rose petal bath will do wonders for my skin and my well being. Hey I might even throw in some lavender as well. I am going layer my moisture today. First,I am going to rub myself down with coconut oil and a few drops of rose essential oil. Next I will follow with a light lotion made with rose water and almond oil. Want to join me?

Here are a few things you can do at home:

1/2 cucumber, sliced (save a couple of slices for your eyes if they are puffy)
1- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera juice or gel
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of condensed milk

blend ingredients together using 1 tablespoon of aloe vera juice. The mixture should be semi thick. If too thick you may add another tablespoon of juice. Place this mixture all over the face and allow to sit for 20 min. Place cucumber slices on your eyes and relax. Rinse with lukewarm water and follow with toner and moisturizer.

Toner
you may use a little of the cucumber juice reserved from the above recipe for this one

1 tablespoon of fresh cucumber juice
1 tablespoon of vegetable glycerin
1/2 cup of distilled water

blend all ingredients together. Place a few drops on a cotton ball and rub face in a upward circular motion. Gently pat eyes with cotton ball. Mixture may be stored for one week in the refrigerator

Moisturizer
1 oz Carrier oil of your choice (jojoba, coconut, olive, rice bran, apricot kernel, sweet almond, grapeseed)
1 capsule of vitamin e 400 IU
2-3 drops of rose or lavender essential oil

Shake ingredients together in a clean sterile bottle

Place a few drops on your finger tips and rub onto skin in an upward circular motion

You may use this for after the bath as well, just double or triple your ingredients as needed

Bath

2-4 tablespoons of dried rose petals
1 teaspoon of dried lavender
4 x4 cheese cloth or sterile gauze pad
1 rubber band

lay cheese cloth flat and place ingredients inside. Fold the four corners of the cloth together and secure with rubber band. Throw bag under warm running water in the bath. Allow your self to soak for 20 minutes. Before getting out, rub yourself down with the bag

No comments:

Post a Comment