Sunday, November 14, 2010

Avocado and Honey Deep Conditioner, the first test

Ok guys, so I did my first test run on the deep conditioner that I have been working on and I definitely want to do some changes. 
First, I wanted to just use a thicken aloe as the water base, which is fine but I add so many ingredients that it thins out and I have to re thicken it.  Which leads me to my next issue, when it is the thickens that I want, it is not as smooth as I would like. 
My next big issue, I want the hair to have more slip and for whatever reason, it doesn't.
But the good points: my hair is definitely strong and it did provide some conditioning effects.
So here is what I want to do, add a lot more marshmallow root and Irish moss.  Adjust my pH down some, (the previous batch was about a 6, I want to make it a 5.) And lastly, I will add a conditioning ester as well as my detangling wax.

If the new batch works well, I will start doing product testing and move on to the Rose Water Hydrating Hair Mask.  Yes I did think of something else.  But I will talk about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment