Saturday, September 25, 2010

Avocado and Honey Deep Conditioning Hair Mask



So I have been truly thinking about this one.  Running a couple of ideas in my head but I would like to see what you guys think.

So the base will definitely be a kaolin clay, my favorite clay to use.  I will also add my avocado powder.  But this is where I am stuck.  Do I add my honey powder and then a conditioner type base?  If that is the case, adding silk protein becomes a problem too.  Do I had the hydrolyzed version or the powder version. 

If I don't add the conditioner base, do I make this a dry mask and have the customer add water?  Some people want there stuff ready to go.  If I make this a dry mask, I can add the avocado oil for richness.

See why I haven't completed this one yet?  I may have to make 2 different versions for the product testers and ask them which one do they prefer.  See what happens when you think too much?

3 comments:

  1. A conditioner base would be best. Try www.makingcosmetics.com It has great recipes, ideas and help

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, forgot to mention that bentonite clay is better for hair. silk amino acid is usually added in the cooling phase. U may want to look at Darcy's botanical deep conditioner for ingredient ideas.HTH

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry one more thing. I noticed that in your ayurvedic conditioner use use just BMTS and ceteryl alchol. Cetyl alcohol is a softner and is essential for coarse hair. Also you can add sodium PCA, sorbitol and glucose to trap moisture in the cuticle.

    ReplyDelete